2 IMPORTANT CARPET CLEANING TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
For a better home and garden
Maintaining the house and the things inside your home is very important as it gives your house more value. The beautification you did to the insides of your house, such as putting carpets, should also match the enhancement that you make to your garden.
There are two problems that your carpets encounter every day that needs attention. These are the everyday dry dirt and the stains. Dry dirt refers to the dust, hair, dry food particles, and the likes that gets on your carpet. While the stains, refer to the wet/liquid dirt that goes to the carpet and some leaves their marks. And there are absolutely different approaches to clean these problems. Keep in mind that these simple things are very important and it shows how to clean carpet – better homes and gardens.
Cleaning the dry dirt:
- The most important weapon for cleaning dry dirt is a vacuum cleaner. So make sure your vacuum cleaner is made especially for carpets, or has adjustment settings to use for carpets.
- Routine vacuuming should be initiated every day for those areas that has the biggest traffic. This refers to the dining area, living room and kitchen. And vacuuming per the schedule of the other rooms.
Cleaning the stains:
Before cleaning the stains, you must determine your carpet for colorfastness. To test for this, vacuum a small area of the carpet. With your cleaning solution, dampen a piece of cloth and lay it over the cleaned area. Leave it there for one hour. If it discolors a white cloth, then the carpet stains. You could opt for a professional cleaner, or try another solution to test.
In this section, it also includes the routine cleaning when you think that your carpet is already dirty. These include:
- Water extraction, or your steam cleaner. This is a specialized way of cleaning your carpets using a solution and the water extracted from the carpet using steam.
- Dry extraction. This home cleaning system uses a dry absorbent and then vacuumed after.
- Carpet cleaner. You could rent a carpet cleaner and use it according to instructions.
A rule of the thumb, treat stains immediately. However, do not rub your cleaning solution to your carpet as it destroys the quality of the carpet. Using your compatible cleaning solution, the solution you brought from the grocery, or what the manufacturer recommends, dampen the area using a piece of cloth and gently wipe the stain out of the carpet.
To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your carpet, you should also make an appointment to perform thorough cleaning every 12 to 18 months. This is done by hiring a professional carpet cleaner and is sure to do wonders to your carpets. You are guaranteed that they will handle your carpet with care, because they have more experience in handling different types of carpets.
Now, you’ll never worry about dirty carpets again. With your understanding of the different problems, you will be able to attack that problem in the most effective way.