Following buying guide, you can select the best dehumidifier that fits your house most, however, choosing the right unit does not mean everything. You also have to learn how to operate the machine in the most efficient way. As the person who has a certain time of working with a dehumidifier, the following guide shared will help you using the dehumidifier.
1. You should carefully read the product user’s manual. As one of the most important reference, the manufacturer’s manual is the first guide for you. By take a look through a manual, you can quickly understand what to do such as: how to install the machine, where is the best to place the machine and some specific instructions of operation as well. Notify that the manual is an important document, therefore, you should leave in easy and safe place to ensure that you can have it in a minute when you need.
2. Estimate the level of humidify in your place where you plan to put your dehumidifier with the meter. Measure the proportion of moist in the air. The ideal number which suggested by scientist for healthy condition of environment is from 40 to 50% RH. If the percentage of humidify is above 50%, you may feel damp, otherwise, under 30% mean it’s too dried that might damage your house structure as cracking wall or floor made from wood.
3. Provide electrical power for a dehumidifier by connecting with ground outlet. You should not use the extra cord to avoid dangerous problems related to electricity. Be careful with the cord, make sure that the connecting wire is not bent or pinched.
4. Allow the dehumidifier running and adjust the settings. Set up your desirable level of humidify as well as the operation depending on the model of product and the current conditions. For the new recent machine, people can leave the dehumidifier working without concern about monitoring it works because of the automatic features. Please check to ensure that the unit you purchased has that function.
5. To make sure your machine working efficiently, you should close the windows and doors or other hole that the airflow can be gotten through. With a large place, the dehumidifier has to work harder and longer to remove moisture. Closing doors and windows not only make the dehumidification process faster as well as save your energy bill. For the damp room such as bathroom, toilet and laundry room, you should take care of the additional moisture coming. Shut down the dose to ensure that there is no additional water added.
6. Some expensive branches are equipped by internal drain pump that enables the continuous working function, but the others are not. You should consider to empty the water storage when the full-tank alarm gives an alert. Fortunately, almost dehumidifiers nowadays have auto shut off when water storage is full. To be safety, unplug your machine from power source and remove the tank to empty the water.
In addition, you should reading some product reviews of previous customers to find out what is the best for your house.